Squirrel Valley Observatory is a privately owned astronomical observatory located in the foothills of western North Carolina. Major construction was completed in the summer of 2015 with equipment upgrades continuing to be be made for astrometric research and astrophotography. The IAU Minor Planet Center has assigned the observatory code, W34, to Squirrel Valley Observatory for it’s endeavors in the tracking and detection of minor planets, including hazardous asteroids and other Near Earth Objects.
SVO Columbus, NC
Lat: 35°13' N Long: 82°09' W
- Did This Wrong-way Asteroid Come from Beyond the Solar System?
- Radio Experiment Launches With China’s Moon Orbiter
- Antares Launch to Light Up Sunday Morning Sky
- Early Star Formation Presents New Cosmic Mystery
- Helicopter to Hitch a Ride with Mars 2020 Rover
- NASA’s Galileo Measures Plumes on Jupiter’s Moon Europa
ISS HD Live Stream from orbit.